Curried Beef Sausages
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 35 minutes
6 Tasman gourmet beef sausages (approx. 100-120g each)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp mild curry powder
2 tsp plain flour
2 cups (500ml) beef stock
1 carrot, peeled and sliced thinly on an angle
1 cup (150g) frozen peas
1 large broccoli head, cut into florets
450g family-sized packet microwave jasmine rice
Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat and cook sausages for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned evenly and cooked through. Remove from pan, thickly slice and set aside to keep warm.
- Add oil to the same cleaned pan. Add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add curry powder and flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and vegetables and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened. Return sausages to pan and stir to coat for 1-2 minutes. Season.
- Serve sausages, vegetables and sauce over rice. Sprinkle with coriander.
- Thin beef sausages would also work well in this recipe.
- Brown off beef mince as an alternative to sausages.
- Serve with brown rice for a healthier option.