Drums of heaven
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins
- 6x Hazeldenes chicken drumsticks
- ½ tsp of course salt
- 1 level tsp of chilli powder
- ½ tsp of paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp each of onion and garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 heaped tbsp of chilli sauce or sriracha
- 1 level tbsp of soy sauce
- Wash drumsticks and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl to create a smooth consistency. Rub all over chicken – at this point if you want to marinate it for later, just put it in an air tight container for later use.
- Pour 1 cup of water in the Ninja pot with a generous squirt of hot sauce or sriracha. Next, place the chicken in the air fryer basket (drums down, leg up to form a circle) and put the pressure cooker lid on. Turn to SEAL and set the pressure cooker to high for 10 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, carefully switch the valve to VENT for quick release.
- Leaving everything as is (ie. the water at the bottom of the pot), close the air fryer lid and set the temp to 10 mins at 200°C. Make sure to turn over halfway. Air fry for an additional 2 minutes if you like your chicken crispy! Enjoy!