Dukkah crusted lamb loin chops with watermelon salad
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 8 Farm88 lamb loin chops, fat trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup dukkah
- 80g baby salad leaves
- 300g seedless watermelon, rind removed, chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon +extra wedges, to serve
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Mint leaves, steamed chat potatoes, to serve
- Brush lamb with half the oil and sprinkle with dukkah. Season. Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook chops for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest on a plate loosely covered in foil for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine salad leaves, watermelon, cucumber, olives, lemon zest and juice and remaining oil. Season and toss to coat. Top with feta cheese and sprinkle with mint leaves.
- Serve lamb chops with salad, potatoes and lemon wedges, if desired.
- Lamb cutlets or leg steaks would also work well in this recipe.
- Ensure you rest the lamb to lock in juices and maximise tenderness.
- Dukkah is an Egyptian mix of roasted nuts, seeds and spices blended together.