Chilli Con Carne
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10mins | Cooking time: 30min
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chop
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 fresh chilli or 1 heaped tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 500g Farm88 premium beef mince
- 1 beef stock cube (dissolved in hot water)
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 410g can red kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- Plain boiled long grain rice, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Place pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and allow to heat up. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute before adding in the red capsicum, sautéing until it becomes light in colour.
- Add in mince and brown.
- Add in the marjoram, sugar, tomato paste, chilli, paprika, cumin and combine.
- Add in can of diced tomatoes, beef stock and season with salt and pepper and give it a good stir.
- Simmer gently, bring to the boil and give it a good stir and put the lid on, turn down the heat and let it cook for 20 min.
- Add in the red kidney beans, bring to the boil again and let it gently bubble without the lid for another 10 minutes (if it looks too dry, add more water)
- Taste the chilli and adjust the seasoning if need be.
- Put the lid back on, turn the heat off and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!