Easy Thai Chicken Curry
Ready in 15 minutes
500g Tasman Fresh Chicken leg fillets or thighs (skin off)
1 tsp kosher salt
black pepper (freshly ground)
1 tbsp coconut oil (or fat of choice)
1 onion, small and medium chopped
2 tbsp curry paste (Thai, whichever colour you prefer)
240g full fat coconut milk
280g frozen vegetables
280g squash (leftover, roasted)
2 tbsp apple juice (optional)
handful fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- Cut the chicken into medium-sized chunks and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. When oil is shimmering, brown the chicken and then transfer to a separate plate.
- Add the onions to the saucepan and saute until translucent.
- Return the chicken and juices to the saucepan and add the curry paste to taste. If you don't like spicy, just use 1 tbsp. Stir-fry until you can smell the rich aroma of toasted spices.
- Pour in the coconut milk and toss in the frozen vegetables, squash and apple juice (if using). Raise the heat to high and bring the contenets of the pot to the boil. Then turn the heat down to medium-low to simmers the curry for 10 minutes or until the vegies are warmed through and the flavours meld. Taste the seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Add the basil chiffonade and serve over noodles or rice. Enjoy!