Filet mignon with asparagus & hollandaise sauce
Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2x Farm88 yearling beef eye fillet steaks
- 450g asparagus spears
- 1 tsp Garlic and herb butter
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp Himalayan sea salt
For the Hollandaise sauce:
- 2 Large eggs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp red cayenne pepper
- Dash black pepper
- Dash sea salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- For Hollandaise, in a medium bowl, add egg yoke only, lemon juice, red pepper, sea salt, black pepper and whisk until it begins to rise.
- Add a small amount of water to a small cooking pot and turn on low heat.
- Continue whisking the egg yoke and lemon combination and begin to slowly add the melted butter into the bowl while holding bowl over low heated pot. Whisk until the ingredients are blended very well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Allow steak to come to room temperature before cooking. Season steaks with Himalayan sea salt and black pepper evenly on both sides.
- Pre-heat cast iron pan to medium to high heat and turn oven to 200°C. Add 2 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil to heated pan and place steaks in pan. Allow the steaks to cook for 5 minutes on one side and then 4 minutes on the other.
- Top each steak with ½ tsp garlic and herb butter, and place them (still in the cast iron) in the oven for another 5 minutes. Once steaks are complete, remove from pan and set to the side, allowing to cool.
- In a separate cooking pan on medium heat, add your butter and minced garlic.
- Cut the root ends (about an inch off) of the asparagus spears, season with garlic powder, and saute for 10 minutes. Once asparagus is cooked, pour Hollandaise sauce over the asparagus and serve with steaks.