Five-spice grilled lamb loin chops
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 5 mins
- 8x Farm88 lamb loin chops
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 3 cups (225g) thinly sliced Chinese cabbage
- 3 cups (225g) thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, julienned
- 100g snow peas, trimmed and julienned
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice and extra wedges, to serve
- 1 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- Pre-heat barbecue or char-grill pan to medium-high. Spray lightly with oil. Rub spice over chops.
- Coleslaw: Combine cabbage, shallots, capsicum and snow peas in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice. Add chilli mayonnaise to coleslaw and toss to lightly coat. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with coriander leaves.
- Cook chops for 2-3 minutes, in batches, if required, until moisture appears on one side. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove to warm plate; season and rest for a few minutes. Serve with the coleslaw and lime wedges.
- For cuts like cutlets and chops, it is important to use a very hot pre-heated surface, as meat will lose moisture the longer it cooks. Quick cooking ensures that the meat is seared and caramelised, not stewed.
- Don’t crowd grill plate or pan when cooking any meat. Use the whole surface and cook in batches when necessary.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Beef & Lamb (MLA)