Five-Spice Grilled Lamb Loin Chops
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 5 mins
1 tsp Chinese five spice
- Pre-heat barbecue or char-grill pan to medium-high. Spray lightly with oil. Rub spice over chops.
- COLESLAW: Combine cabbage, shallots, capsicum and snow peas in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice. Add chilli mayonnaise to coleslaw and toss to lightly coat. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with coriander leaves.
- Cook chops for 2-3 minutes, in batches, if required, until moisture appears on one side. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove to warm plate; season and rest for a few minutes. Serve with the coleslaw and lime wedges.
- For cuts like cutlets and chops, it is important to use a very hot pre-heated surface, as meat will lose moisture the longer it cooks. Quick cooking ensures that the meat is seared and caramelised, not stewed.
- Don’t crowd grill plate or pan when cooking any meat. Use the whole surface and cook in batches when necessary.