Grilled lamb cutlets with minty gremolata sauce
Serves: 6 | Preparation time: 35 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
12x Tasman traditional lamb cutlets
- In a small bowl, stir together mint, rosemary, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub on chops. Cover chops with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Prepare grill either by igniting coals and allowing them to die down to medium-hot, or by preheating a gas grill to medium-high. For medium chops, cook 6 to 7 minutes per side (or until firm); for rare, cook about 5 minutes per side (or until meat is barely firm but not springy to touch). Alternatively, preheat oven to 200ºC; and roast chops 10 to 15 minutes, depending upon how well done you like them, turning once.
- Slice into one chop to test doneness; remove from grill while slightly pinker than desired (chops will continue to cook as they rest).
- Transfer to a platter. Serve with Minty Gremolata Sauce on side.
Minty Gremolata Sauce Method:
- Chop together mint and parsley. Place in a bowl with salt, pepper, lemon zest, pepper flakes and garlic.
- Stir in olive oil with a fork; then stir in hot water.