Aussie ham and pineapple pizza
Serves: 6-8 | Preparation Time: 45 mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 300g Tasman leg ham, sliced
- 3 cups bread flour (you can use pizza flour)
- Extra flour for kneading
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7g dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300ml warm water
- 120ml pizza sauce
- 1 small tin, pineapple pieces
- 1 cup pizza cheese or mozzarella, grate
- Preheat your oven to 200⁰C.
- In a large bowl combine the bread flour, salt and olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix together the dried yeast, sugar and warm water allow mixture to sit in a warm place until it forms a sponge.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix until a soft sticky dough is formed.
- Sprinkle a little extra flour on a work surface and knead the dough 2-3 minutes until smooth. Place the dough into a clean, oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Prove in a warm place until dough has doubled in size.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes. Cut the ball of dough in half. Roll dough to the desired thickness and place onto a greased pizza or baking tray.
- Spread a little pizza sauce over each pizza base. Top with fresh pineapple pieces and sliced ham. Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated 200⁰C oven for 18-20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Cut into serving sized pieces and serve immediately.
- Pizza dough may be made ahead of time and proved in the refrigerator overnight.