Ham & spinach omelettes with roasted tomatoes
Serves: 2 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 150g sliced Tasman leg ham, roughly torn into bite size pieces
- 250g truss cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 5 eggs
- 50g Greek feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Toasted sourdough bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced. Place tomatoes onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush with a little oil. Season. Roast for 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large (about 23cm base) non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add ham and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Place 2 cups spinach and eggs into a blender. Pulse until spinach is finely chopped and mixture is bright green. Season with pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the egg mixture. Swirl and tilt pan gently to spread egg evenly over base of pan and cook until egg begins to firm, sprinkle over half of the feta and half of the chives. Top with half of the ham and half of the remaining spinach. Ease edges of omelette away from pan and fold in half to enclose filling. Slide omelette onto a serving plate.
- Repeat using remaining oil, egg mixture, feta, chives, ham and spinach.
- Drizzle omelettes with a little extra oil and scatter with extra chives. Serve with roasted tomatoes and toast.