Savoury ham & cheese bread pudding
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 35mins
250g thinly sliced Tasman leg ham off-the-bone
100g store-bought garlic butter, softened
1 loaf (800g) sourdough bread, sliced
300ml pure cream
½ cup milk
1 ¼ cups grated extra tasty cheese
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
Leafy green salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 10-cup capacity (about 6cm deep) oval baking dish.
- Spread butter on one side of bread slices and place slices standing up in the prepared dish.
- Combine eggs, cream and milk in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup cheese and stir until combined. Pour mixture over bread slices.
- Tear ham into large pieces and place in between bread slices. Place tomatoes between slices of bread.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and egg mixture is set. Serve immediately with a leafy green salad.