Herb and mustard roast beef with cauliflower mash
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15mins | Cooking Time: 55mins
- 800g Farm88 yearling beef weber roast
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 250g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 500g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- ⅓ cup fresh ricotta
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Roasted cherry tomatoes and steamed green beans, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan forced. Brush beef with the olive oil. Preheat a large non stick frying pan over a high heat. Cook beef, for 1-2 minutes each side or until evenly browned. Transfer beef to a rack over a roasting dish.
- In a small bowl combine the mustard, rosemary, thyme and parsley. Brush the mustard mixture evenly over the top and sides of beef. Roast beef in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes for medium, or until 65°C on a meat thermometer. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil, set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook potato and cauliflower in a saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Return to saucepan, mash until smooth, stir through ricotta and chives.
- Cut the beef, across the grain into slices of even thickness. Divide mash between plates, top with some slices of beef. Serve with roasted cherry tomatoes and steamed green beans.
- To roast cherry tomatoes, place 250g tomatoes on a baking tray and spray with olive oil. Roast for 10-12 minutes, or until just wilted.