Maple and honey roasted leg of lamb
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 90 mins
- 1½ kg Farm88 whole lamb leg (bone removed)
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- Roasted Vegetables, to serve
- Place oil, juice, garlic, ginger, spices, syrup and honey in a small bowl, season to taste and whisk to combine.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place lamb in a roasting pan and brush with maple and honey mixture. Roast lamb for 1½ hours brushing frequently with maple and honey mixture, or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 12 minutes before carving, to serve.
- Carve lamb and serve with your choice of roasted seasonal vegetables.
- Save time and place your choice of roasting vegetables in a large roasting pan with lamb and cook at the same time. Remember to cut vegetables into large chunks and even so they do not over cook but cook nicely with the lamb.