Indonesian Style Eye Fillet
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 35 minutes
600g Farm88 Yearling Beef Eye Fillet
125ml coconut cream
1 tablespoon kecap manis
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
Gado gado** salad:
1 red capsicum, sliced
2 cucumbers, cut into batons
150g green beans, 5cm lengths, blanched
Steamed himalayan red rice, to serve
- Place eye fillet on a plate and truss with cooking string at 2cm intervals.
- Place coconut cream, kecap manis and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Add lemon juice and mix to combine. Spoon half the sauce over the beef fillet and use a brush to coat the beef with the sauce.
- Mix peanut butter into the remaining sauce in the pan and reserve for gado gado salad.
- Preheat a lightly oiled flat bbq plate or non-stick frying pan to medium high heat and sear beef on all sides for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 10 minutes, then slice. Serve with gado gado salad, peanut sauce and rice.
* Sate Sauce: also know as peanut sauce, satay sauce, bumbu kacang, sambal kacang or pecel
** Gado Gado Salad: this traditional Indonesian salad of blanched or steamed vegetables and served with a peanut sauce.