Indonesian Style Eye Fillet
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Gado gado salad:
- Place eye fillet on a plate and truss with cooking string at 2cm intervals.
- Place coconut cream, kecap manis and garlic in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Add lemon juice and mix to combine. Spoon half the sauce over the beef fillet and use a brush to coat the beef with the sauce.
- Mix peanut butter into the remaining sauce in the pan and reserve for gado gado salad.
- Preheat a lightly oiled flat bbq plate or non-stick frying pan to medium high heat and sear beef on all sides for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced) and cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 10 minutes, then slice. Serve with gado gado salad, peanut sauce and rice.