Japanese Style Lamb Loin Chops
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins
2 tablespoons hot water
1/4 Chinese cabbage (wombok), finely sliced
- Place brown rice vinegar and salt in a large bowl and stir until salt almost dissolves. Add lamb and toss to coat.
- For pickled vegetables, combine brown rice vinegar, water and salt in a large bowl. Add chilli, radish, cucumber and cabbage and toss to combine.
- Place a char grill pan over high heat and cook lamb chops for 3-4 minutes per side until deeply golden and nicely charred without being burnt. Take care to turn chops on their sides at the end of cooking so they get cooked as well.
- Serve lamb chops with a pile of pickled vegetables. Garnish with extra chilli if desired.
- Pickled vegetables can be prepared in advance.
- Pickles are also nice with a pinch of sugar and a little ginger.
- Try adding different spices to customise your pickles, such as toasted cumin seeds, mustard seeds or peppercorns.