Korean rump stir-fry
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10mins | Cooking Time: 20mins
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 500g beef rump, trimmed, cut into thin strips
- 100g snow peas
- 150g baby corns, halved
- 100g carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 200g mushrooms
- 3 capsicums - (orange, red and yellow), thinly sliced.
- 125 ml soy sauce*
- 75 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 inch piece ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g cauliflower rice
- Spring onion, finely sliced
- ½ bunch purple basil
- Black sesame seeds
- Store-bought kimchi
- Add the oil to the pan over a medium heat.
- Add the beef strips and cook for 3-5 minutes until browning.
- Add the snow peas, baby corn, carrots, mushrooms and capsicum, cooking for a further 5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the ingredients in a jug or mixing bowl, and add to the pan.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a separate saucepan for 3-5 minutes over a low heat with a splash of water to ensure it doesn't stick to the pan.
- Divide the cauliflower rice between plates, top with stir-fry mix and serve with spring onion, basil, sesame and kimchi.
- Soy sauce can be substitued with tamari or coconut aminos for a gluten free option.
- Cook the beef rump as a steak, slice it and place on top of your cooked veggies.
- This recipe would also work well with pre-bought stir-fry strips, blade steak or scotch fillet.