Lamb BBQ chops with grilled peach & rocket
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
4x Farm88 lamb BBQ chops, trimmed
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tsp dried oregano
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to season
extra lemon wedges, to serve
Grilled Peach & Rocket Salad:
4 peaches, stones removed, quartered
150g marinated feta in oil (oil reserved)
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
150g baby rocket leaves
½ cup almonds, toasted, chopped
parsley leaves, to serve
- Pat dry lamb with paper towel. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and garlic together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Bring lamb to room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- In a small bowl, place ¼ cup of reserved oil from feta, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and Dijon mustard, season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Brush flesh of peaches with olive oil, place on chargrill pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Remove from heat. Increase heat to high.
- Add lamb and cook, in batches for 4-5 minutes each side until marks appear and lamb is cooked to medium. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Toss rocket and peaches in serving bowls, drizzle with dressing. Crumble over feta and top with toasted almonds and parsley leaves.
- Serve lamb with salad and lemon wedges.
- You can also use lamb leg steaks, lamb cutlets, lamb loin chops or lamb chump chops for this recipe.
- Pistachios, pecans and walnuts will also work well as a substitute for almonds.
- Mix up the salad by grilling pears or nectarines.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Beef & Lamb (MLA)