Lamb chump tray bake with roasted vegetables
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 8 x Farm88 lamb chump chops, trimmed
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1 yellow capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 eggplant, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Salt & pepper to season
- Crusty bread to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan forced. Line a large shallow baking dish with baking paper.
- Rub basil pesto over lamb chops. Set aside.
- Arrange onion, capsicum, zucchini, tomatoes and eggplant in a single layer in baking dish. Drizzle oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle garlic over vegetables, place lamb on vegetables, season with salt and pepper. Top with olives and roast for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with basil leaves and crusty bread. Enjoy!
- Experiment with different types of pesto. A sundried tomato pesto would also work well with this recipe.
- Green olives give a nice flavour but Kalamata olives can be used.
- You can also use other cuts like lamb loin chops, lamb BBQ (forequarter) chops and lamb rump (cap off).