Oregano lamb cutlets with sweet potato mash
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 20mins
8x Tasman traditional lamb cutlets
1 lemon, juiced
½ tsp dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium sweet potato
2 large new potatoes
¼ cup milk
1 tbsp butter
- Cover the cutlets with the combined lemon juice, oregano and crushed garlic. Set aside to use later.
- Peel and cut the sweet potato and new potatoes into even shape and size. Place in a saucepan, cover with cold water and add a pinch of salt. Boil until soft, drain off all water and mash together with butter and milk.
- Preheat a non-stick frypan to moderately hot. Cook the cutlets on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn and cook for a further 2 min for medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove the cutlets from the heat, cover loosely with foil and rest cutlets for 2 min before serving.
- Serve the cutlets on sweet potato mash. Serve with steamed vegetables.