Lamb loin chops with heirloom tomato salad
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 8 x Farm88 lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Heirloom tomato salad:
- 800g mixed heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- Preheat a chargrill to moderately high. Brush the lamb with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- For the salad, combine oil, vinegar and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Lay tomatoes in a single layer on a platter and scatter with chickpeas and ricotta.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with basil leaves. Serve with lamb.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Beef & Lamb (MLA)