Lamb loin chops with haloumi & pomegranate salad
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
8x Tasman lamb loin chops, trimmed
¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
1 tbsp ground coriander
2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
180g pkt haloumi, cut in half lengthways and thinly sliced
1 baby cos lettuce, leaves torn
175g green beans, trimmed, blanched, halved
¼ cup pepitas, toasted
Seeds of 1 pomegranate
Parsley leaves, to serve
- Brush lamb chops with 1 tablespoon oil, sprinkle with coriander and season.
- Heat a large char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat and cook lamb for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest on a plate loosely covered in foil for 5 minutes. Add the haloumi to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, combine pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, mustard and remaining oil in a screw-top jar. Season and shake well to combine.
- Place baby cos and beans in a large bowl. Drizzle with half the dressing and gently toss to combine. Arrange on serving plates. Top with haloumi and pepitas. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and parsley, drizzle with remaining dressing and serve with lamb.
- Lamb cutlets, leg steaks or forequarter chops would also work well in this recipe.
- Swap haloumi for goats’ cheese, feta or ricotta; swap pomegranate molasses for balsamic vinegar.
- Coriander, mint or chives would also be perfect in this recipe.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Beef & Lamb (MLA)