Minted lamb loin chops
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 8x Farm88 lamb loin chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp very finely chopped mint
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 100g feta, crumbled
- ½ small red onion, cut into thin slices
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Season each lamb chop with salt and pepper. Combine the oil and mint and brush on each side of the lamb chops. Preheat the barbecue, pan or char-grill pan to hot before adding the chops.
- Cook chops on one side until the first sign of moisture appears on the top. Turn, brush with the lemon juice and cook further until done to your preference. Turn once only. Test for doneness with tongs. Rare is soft when pressed, medium is springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove chops from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest chops for 2 minutes before serving. Toss the tomatoes with the feta, onion, parsley and oil. Serve with the lamb chops.
- Don't cut the lamb with a knife to test if it's ready. This will make the juices escape making the meat dry and tough. Test the meat for degree of doneness with tongs. Use the blunt end of the tongs to prod the meat in the thickest part.
- Use this tasty recipe and change it up with traditional side of roast vegetables and peas.