Lamb rack with cherry tomato salad
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 35 mins
2x Tasman lamb racks (8 cutlets in each rack)
500g cherry tomatoes, halved
100g pitted black olives
4 tbsp basil
2 tbsp fresh oregano
1 red onion, sliced thinly
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Cover the tips of the rack bones with aluminium foil to prevent burning. Brush lamb with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown lamb in a hot frypan with olive oil, then place in a roasting dish and roast in oven for 20 minutes (for medium).
- To be sure how the lamb is cooked insert a meat thermometer into the centre of each rack – rare is 55-60ºC, medium is 65-70°C and well done is 75ºC. Remove from oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Cut the ribs into individual portions for serving, 4 per person.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion and olives. Season with salt and pepper and add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Let the flavours develop for 10 minutes before serving, adding basil and oregano at the table.
- Try adding any spice mix or store-bought marinade to the lamb racks before cooking.