Leftover roast pork lasagne
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 30mins | Cooking Time: 1 hour 10mins
- Leftover roast pork (and sauce), pork finely chopped. ⅓
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 300g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 50g butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- 1 ⅓ cups grated pizza cheese
- 375g pkt lasagne sheets
- Baby rocket, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC or 160ºC fan-forced.
- Heat half the oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook half the mushroom, stirring, for 4 mins or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and mushroom. Return the mushroom to the pan with pork and sauce, tomato paste and ⅓ cup water. Stir until combined and bring to the boil. Season.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins. Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 mins or until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in half the cheese and season.
- Spoon ½ cup of the meat sauce into a 23cm square (12-cup) ovenproof baking dish. Cover with lasagne sheets, cutting to fit. Spoon over one-quarter of the remaining meat sauce, drizzle over ½ cup of the white sauce and cover with lasagne sheets. Repeat 3 times. Cover with the remaining white sauce and sprinkle over remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45 mins or until tender and golden. Stand for 10 mins before serving with baby rocket.