Lemon & oregano crumbed chicken breast fillets
Serves 4 | Preparation Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
450g Tasman chicken breast fillets (skin off)
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
breadcrumbs to coat chicken
- In a dish, mix lemon, salt, oregano and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well then set aside.
- Lightly brush chicken with olive oil on both sides. Don’t wet too much.
- Cover both sides with breadcrumbs. Shake off excess.
- Saute in a hot saucepan witholive oil on medium-high fire. Brown both sides.
- While still hot, quickly dip both sides of cooked chicken in the lemon mixture. The longer you soak the chicken, the more it will absorb the flavour. One quick dip of both sides is enough if you want the flavour to be mild. If you want it stronger, let it stay longer in the lemon mixture.
- Pairs well with broccoli for a healthy meal.