Maple garlic baked chicken thigh fillets
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 6 chicken thigh fillets (bone in, skinless)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven 180°C . Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper (this makes it easier to clean up afterwards).
- Place skinless chicken thigh fillets, bone side down, on the prepared baking tray.
- In a small bowl place maple syrup, garlic, mustard and rosemary. Mix ingredients well.
- Spread maple syrup mixture over the top of the thigh fillets. Make sure to coat them well.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- For best results baste thigh fillets while cooking. Test to ensure they are cooked through by inserting a skewer into the thigh, if juices run clear, it is cooked.
- Serve with oven baked vegetables or fresh garden salad. Enjoy!
- If using chicken thigh with skin on prick the skin of the chicken with a skewer before placing in the oven to bake. This will allow the fat underneath the skin to be released and ensure nice crisp brown chicken skin.
- Using boneless chicken thigh fillets cooking time may be shortened to 30 mins.