Marinated beef girello roast
Serves 6-8 | Preparation time: 10mins | Marinating time: 12 - 24hrs | Cooking time: 1hr 10 mins |
- 1.5 kg Farm88 yearling beef girello roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag.
- Place the beef in the ziplock bag and marinate for at leat 12 hours, but preferably 24hours - the longer you marinate, the more tender and flavoursome it will be!
- Take the beef out of the fridge 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 240°C.
- Place beef on a large roasting tray.
- Drizzle with oil, roast for 20 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 180°C (160oC fan forced), roast for a further 35 - 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre registers 44°C for medium rare.
- Remove beef onto plate, cover loosely in foil and rest for 20 - 30 minutes (internal temp will rise to 52°C).
- To serve, slice beef thinly.