Marinated round steak & veg stir fry
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins | Marinate: 4-6hrs
- 500g-1kg Farm88 beef round steak (depending on preferred meat to veg ratio)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or canola oil)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce (preferably low sodium)
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup (or tomato paste)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (Creole mustard or a similar brown or gourmet mustard)
- 1 ½ tsp fresh garlic (finely minced)
- ½ tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- ½ tsp dried leaf oregano
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
Vegetable stir fry:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 red capsicum, diced
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp kecap manus
- Steamed rice
- Sliced spring onion
- Lemon wedges
- Combine the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire, ketchup, mustard, garlic, pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Put the steak in a large food storage bag or nonreactive container and pour the marinade over it. Seal the bag and turn it several times to coat the meat; refrigerate the steak for 4 to 8 hours. Turn the steak frequently during its time in the refrigerator so the marinade covers it from all angles.
- Broil the steak about 2 to 3 inches from the heat source for about 6 to 9 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the cut and your desired doneness.
Or grill the steak over medium coals or medium heat on a gas grill for about 5 to 10 minutes on each side or until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the broiler and let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes before you slice it. Slice it thinly against the grain, Transfer to a heat-proof bowl.
Stir Fry Method:
- Add oil to the pan, along with the carrot, capsicum and broccolini. Stir-fry for 3 - 4 minutes. Add onion and cook a further 2 - 3 minutes, until veggies are tender-crisp.
- Return beef to the pan, add oyster sauce and kecap manus, and toss to coat.
- Serve stir fry over steamed rice, with spring onions and lemon wedges.
- Allow the steak to marinate in the refrigerator for at least four hours in a sealed plastic food storage bag or any non-reactive container or bowl. Turn the steak frequently to keep it evenly coated.