Mediterranean butterflied leg of lamb
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 1.5kg boneless / butterflied lamb leg
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves only, finely chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbs baby capers, finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 large iceberg lettuce, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tbs Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the marinade by placing rosemary, anchovy, garlic and capers on a chopping board and run knife through all ingredients until finely chopped. Add to a small bowl, add olive oil and mix well.
- Coat the lamb lef with 2/3 of the marinade, reserving the remainder for serving. Marinade in fridge for 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat barbecue. Remove lamb from fridge 20-30mins before cooking. Cook lamb over high heat, turning frequently for 15-20 mins.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 15min loosely covered with foil. Slice the Lamb, add lemon juice to the remaining marinade, and drizzle over sliced lamb and serve.
- This recipe would be perfect for a sunday lunch, leftovers could be used into a sandwich the next day!