Mexican pork tacos
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 800g Tasman pork mince
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 30g taco seasoning
- 1 x 440g can diced tomatoes
- 200g canned red kidney beans
- ½ cup water
- 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded & finely chopped
- ½ cup corn niblets
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 16 - 20 small soft tortillas, warmed
- Sliced avocado
- Salsa sauce
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown pork mince well over a high heat. Reduce heat and add the onion to the pan cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the taco seasoning to the pan and cook stirring well for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, red kidney beans and water to the pan, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Combine the prepared salsa ingredients in a small serving bowl and set aside.
- To serve, lay the warm tortilla on a board and spoon a little pork taco mixture into the centre, top with a sprinkle of salsa, add a slice of avocado and repeat with remaining mixture. Serve on a large sharing board garnished with wedges of lime and salsa sauce on the side.
Note: this taco mixture is very mild if you like it spicy you can add Mexican chilli powder to the mixture with the taco seasoning or simply serve jalapeños and hot sauce on the side.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Pork