Oven roasted lamb shanks
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 2 ½ - 3 hours
4x Farm88 lamb shanks
1 sliced onion
2 large carrots, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1-2 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 cups beef stock
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs of rosemary
750ml red wine
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper.
- In the pan, brown the lamb shanks on all sides in the olive oil. Remove from pan and put into a casserole dish to stand.
- In the same frying pan, place the carrots, onions, garlic, bay leaves and rosemary. Cook slowly until nicely coloured.
- Pour red wine, beef stock, and the brown sugar into the frying pan. Stir gently & bring to a low boil.
- Pour the wine mixture over the lamb shanks; top up with water if needed.
- Cover the dish and put in oven; cook for 2 ½ - 3 hours until very tender.
- Remove the lamb shanks then skim the fat off the top of the red wine juices.
- Mix together cornflour with just a bit of cold water and whisk the cornflour mixture into the red wine juices to give desired consistency.
- Serve with your favourite roasted winter veggies & enjoy.