Pan roasted pork loin chops with apple
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 25 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4x Tasman pork loin chops (rind on, about 250g each)
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1-2cm-thick wedges
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 6-8 sprigs thyme
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Brush pork with 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large oven-proof flame-proof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add garlic and apples and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until apple is golden at the edges. Stir in wine and cook for 1 minute. Stir in cannellini beans.
- Return pork to the pan. Drizzle with maple syrup and scatter with thyme. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until pork is just cooked through. Serve with steamed green beans.