Parmesan crumbed lamb cutlets
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 16 mins | Cooking time: 10mins
- 12 x Farm88 traditional lamb cutlets
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- To serve, grilled zucchini and lemon wedges
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves (firmly packed), chopped
- ⅔ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped gherkins
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Dust the cutlets with the with the flour, shaking to remove any excess. Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cutlets into the beaten egg and then coat with the parmesan breadcrumbs. Press the crumbs down well and place on a tray in a single layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over a moderately high heat and enough oil to shallow fry in. Cook half of the cutlets for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden. Place on absorbent paper and keep warm while you cook the remainder.
- Serve the cutlets with the salsa verde, grilled zucchini and some lemon wedges.
- To make the salsa verde: Mix the parsley, mint, capers, gherkins and lemon zest together with the olive oil. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.