Pea & ham soup
Serves: 8 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 400g Tasman leg ham, chunky cut into 2 cups of ham pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 kg green peas, frozen
- 1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- ½ bunch mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 tbsp green peas (reserved)
- Toasted Sour Dough Bread
- Herb Butter
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep stock pot over a medium heat.
- Sauté the onions and spring onion 4 minutes until onions are opaque.
- Add the green peas, stock and 1 cup of the ham to the saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat add the parsley and mint to the soup.
- Using a blender puree the soup until smooth.
- Add the reserved Ham chunks and peas to the soup. Serve hot with a swirl of cream and toasted sour dough bread with herb butter.
Note: This soup is also delicious served with a dollop of basil pesto and shaved parmesan cheese.