Peppered scotch fillet with carrot & herb salad
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 4x 200g Farm88 yearling beef scotch fillet steaks, fat trimmed
- 2 bunches baby carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 250g packets microwave 7 ancient grains
- 2 tbsp pepitas, toasted
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup small mint leaves
- 30g goats cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven 200°C (180°fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Add carrots and onion, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, season and toss to coat. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Halve carrots.
- Meanwhile, rub steaks with 1 tablespoon oil and season generously with freshly ground black pepper. Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Season with sea salt and set aside on a plate loosely covered in foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare grains according to packet instructions. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Place grains in a large bowl with carrots and onion and add pepitas, herbs and goats cheese. Drizzle with remaining oil, season and gently toss to combine. Serve with steaks.
- Rump, sirloin or eye fillet steaks would also work well in this recipe.
- Always rest your meat before serving – this will ensure the juices are locked in and the meat is tender.
- You could also cook the steaks in a large non-stick fry pan.
- Swap the goats cheese for feta or ricotta cheese.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Beef