Tips to get crispy pork crackling!
Here's our ultimate guide to perfect crackling!
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place your pork roast in a roasting tin, pat skin with kitchen paper and leave for 30 minutes for the skin to dry.
- Check that the skin is evenly scored, adding more using a very sharp knife, if needed.
- Lightly rub or brush the skin with oil and sprinkle with a thin, even layer of salt and a little pepper. Rub the seasoning into the scored skin.
- Place in oven and roast for 25 minutes; then reduce heat to 180°C and roast an extra 30 minutes per 500g until cooked.
- Once cooked, transfer the pork roast onto a serving plate or board. Cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp carving knife, remove the crackling from the joint and place on a board and cut into pieces.
- For a meal that you and your family will love, thinly slice the roast pork and serve each portion with some crackling, gravy and a generous spoonful of apple sauce!