Pork belly lettuce cups
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 1 hr 25 mins
- 1kg Tasman pork belly (rind on roast, boneless and cut into squares)
- Salt flakes
- 1 butter lettuce, washed
- 1 cucumber, sliced thinly
- ½ cup red capsicum curls
- Spring onion curls to garnish
- 1 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- Place the pork belly onto a chopping board and pat the rind dry with paper towel, score the pork rind thinly with a sharp knife.
- Rub the rind with a little oil and sprinkle with flaked salt.
- Place the pork belly into a shallow roasting dish and roast in the preheated oven 240⁰C for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature 180⁰C for a further 40 minutes. Remove pork belly from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the pork belly into small squares and place 3-4 onto each lettuce leaf.
- Garnish with sliced cucumber, capsicum curls and spring onion curls. Drizzle with a little sweet chilli and ginger sauce.