Greek pork belly skewers
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 60 mins | Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 12x Tasman pork belly strips, 2cm thick
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- Baby cos
- Spanish onions
- Ripe tomato
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
- Tzatziki yoghurt dip
- Toasted flat bread
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Place the pork belly strips into a shallow non-metallic bowl.
- Combine the lemon zest, juice, olive oil, oregano, garlic and salt.
- Pour the marinade over the pork belly strips and allow to marinate for up to 1 hour.
- Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl, then divide into individual serving bowls. Refrigerate until required.
- Cook pork belly strips in a preheated frying pan or BBQ for 5-6 minutes on each side, turning & basting frequently until pork is golden and rind is crispy.
- Serve with toasted flat bread, Greek salad and tzatziki dipping sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges.