Crackling pork belly with grape & plum sauce
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 25 mins | Cooking Time: 2 hours 15 mins
- 1.5-1.8 kg Tasman pork belly (rind on)
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar glaze
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- ¾ cup crimson grapes, halved
- Sea salt
- Steamed potatoes
- Steamed asparagus spears
- Steamed baby brussel sprouts
- Steamed baby peas
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Using a Stanley knife or scalpel, finely score the pork belly rind. Pat the surface of the rind dry with paper towel and rub with oil and flakes of sea salt. Allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Place the pork belly into a shallow baking dish.
- Roast the pork belly in the preheated oven at 220°C for 30 minutes. This will begin the crackling process. Reduce the oven temperature to 160°C and continue to roast for a further 1 ½ hours. Remove the belly from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over a medium heat. Simmer until liquid has reduced by half and is glossy.
- Cut the pork belly into serving sized portions. Serve hot with steamed vegetables and crimson grape and plum sauce.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Pork