Perfect pork loin roast & crackling
Serves: 6 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 1 hour 20mins
- 1.8-2kg Tasman pork loin roast (boned & rolled)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1.5kg roasted vegetables (potatoes, pumpkin, carrots and parsnip)
- 200g baby peas
- 600ml gravy
- 200ml apple sauce
- Remove pork loin roast from packaging taking note of weight and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place roast onto a wire rack in the kitchen sink and pour over a jug of boiling water. Pat the rind dry with paper towel.
- Rub the rind well with oil and sea salt massaging well into the scored areas.
- Place the pork loin roast on the wire rack into a deep roasting pan and place the loin roast into the preheated oven 240⁰C for 40 minutes. Do not open oven door during this period.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180⁰C for the remaining cooking time allow 30-35 minutes per kg. (Roast prepared vegetables now).
- Remove pork from the oven and allow to rest in the roasting pan for 10-15 minutes prior to slicing.
- Slice loin and crackling and serve with roasted vegetables, freshly cooked peas, gravy and apple sauce! Enjoy!
- For guaranteed crispy crackling, remove your roast from its packaging and place it on a large plate covered with paper towel and allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight. This will allow to skin to dry and make better crackling. Make sure your roast is brought to room temperature prior to beginning preparation. If your crackling is not perfect don’t panic. Preheat your grill to 200°C then place your roast on a tray in the centre of the oven and grill for 4-5 minutes watching the rind carefully so it does not burn. You may need to move it around to grill evenly. Remove, stand 4 -5 minutes, then serve.