Prosciutto Wrapped Pork Fillet with mushrooms and parsley butter
2 pork fillets
4 portabello mushrooms
4 strips of prosciutto
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
½ cup salted butter, softened
Extra butter for cooking
4 tablespoons port
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Cut the fillets into medallions the width of a slice of prosciutto.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard on each of the prosciutto slices. Then wrap the prosciutto around the fillet, with the mustard on the inside. Tie the medallions up with kitchen string.
- In a pan on high heat, sear the two flat surfaces of the fillet medallions until deep brown in colour. Then place the fillets in a lined tray in the oven, or place the oven-safe pan in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, slice the mushrooms into roughly 1 cm thick slices and saute on high heat with the garlic, a splash of oil and a tablespoon of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add the port off heat.
- Remove the fillets from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes
- Mix the softened butter with the chopped parsley until well combined.
- Slice the pork fillet and serve with the mushrooms and butter.