Pork san choy bau
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 800g Tasman pork mince
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 140g can water chestnuts sliced and chopped
- 3 tbsp Kecap Manis sauce (sweet Soy)
- 2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 16 baby Cos lettuce leaves, washed
- Bean sprouts
- Sliced spring onions
- Carrots, julienned
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan over a high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the oil and sesame oil, then sauté the onion, garlic, diced carrot and water chestnuts, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the pork mince to the pan and brown well for 4-5 minutes.
- Return the onion mixture to the wok with the Kecap Manis sauce and Sriracha sauce and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- To serve, spoon pork mixture into the prepared lettuce leaves and garnish with bean sprouts, sliced spring onions, julienne carrot, chilli and coriander.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Pork