Pork san choy bau
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
800g Tasman pork mince
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely diced
140g can water chestnuts sliced and chopped
3 tbsp Kecap Manis sauce (sweet Soy)
2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
16 baby Cos lettuce leaves, washed
Sliced spring onions
¼ cup coriander, chopped
1 long red chilli, sliced
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan over a high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the oil and sesame oil, then sauté the onion, garlic, diced carrot and water chestnuts, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the pork mince to the pan and brown well for 4-5 minutes.
- Return the onion mixture to the wok with the Kecap Manis sauce and Sriracha sauce and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- To serve, spoon pork mixture into the prepared lettuce leaves and garnish with bean sprouts, sliced spring onions, julienne carrot, chilli and coriander.
Recipe kindly provided by Australian Pork