Pork Scotch Roast
Serves: 4-6 | Preparation Time: 20mins | Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
- Leave pork uncovered in fridge overnight or for 2 hours before cooking if possible, season with salt & pepper to help dry the skin.
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees then start preparing your pork.
- Press down your pork with some paper towel to absorb any excess moisture, then with some good oil drizzle all over the skin of your pork.
- Make sure to season with salt and pepper and remembering that salt will help create that perfect crackle so don’t be afraid to really rub the skin well with salt.
- Once seasoned place your pork in the high temp oven and cook for 30 mins, after the first 30 min turn your oven temp down to 180 degrees and cook your pork for a further 1 ¾.
- Once cooked make sure to let your pork rest for a further 10 mins before carving.
- Allow 25 – 30 mins per 500g of pork weight
- Internal Cooking Temperature 65-70 degrees
Pork Crackling Tips
- Leave pork uncovered in fridge overnight or for 2 hours before cooking if possible season with salt & pepper to help dry the skin.
- Make sure you pork is at room temperature before cooking.
- Use a good quality coarse salt and oil when and re season your skin
- Cook your pork at 220 degrees for 30 minutes to help the crackling start then reduce back to 180 degrees for the remaining cooking.