Porterhouse BBQ steaks & roasted garlic
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 4x Farm88 porterhouse steaks
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4x Garlic bulbs
- Prepare your garlic by slicing the top of the garlic bulb off (depending on the size of your bulb it should be around ¼ to a ½ of an inch from the top) to expose the individual cloves.
- Next drizzle the exposed garlic cloves with olive oil. Just a good drizzle will do.
- Cover the bulb with aluminum foil.
- Place covered bulbs on a hot grill, over indirect heat, for approximately 40 minutes (this will vary based on the exact size of your bulbs). Then open the foil and use your finger to test if they’re done. They should be nice and soft to the touch when roasted through.
- Lightly coat the steaks with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the barbecue for direct cooking over high heat (250° to 290°C).
- Brush the cooking grills clean. Grill the steaks over direct high heat, with the lid closed, for 2 to 5 minutes per side, depending on how well done you would like the steak cooked (see timing guide).
- Once the steaks have cooked, remove from the barbecue and leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
(These times are intended as a guide only. Timing will vary depending on the thickness of the steak.)
- Rare- 2 minutes per side
- Medium Rare- 3 minutes per side
- Medium- 4 minutes per side
- Well Done- 5 minutes per side