Chicken Maryland Red Pepper Casserole
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 2 hours
4-5 Tasman Fresh Chicken Marylands
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Sweet Red Peppers, Cored, Seeded & Sliced
1 Small Onion, Peeled & Sliced
3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled & Minced
1 Cup Dry White Wine
1 (28 Ounce) Can Chopped Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/2 Teaspoon Red Hot Chili Flakes
3 Tablespoons Capers
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large ovenproof pan or dutch oven, heat the olive oil and then brown the chicken thighs well on all sides.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and then add the onions and peppers to the pan and cook on medium heat until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan along with the wine.
- Increase the heat, and cook until the wine has reduced by at least half.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, chili flakes, capers, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover the pan and bake for 2 hours, removing the cover during the last 30 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Serve hot.