Chicken maryland red pepper casserole
Serves: 4 | Preparation time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 2 hours
4-5 Tasman fresh chicken maryland
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 sweet red peppers, cored, seeded & sliced
1 small onion, peeled & sliced
3 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
1 cup dry white wine
1 can chopped tomatoes
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp red hot chili flakes
3 tbsp capers
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºC.
- In a large ovenproof pan or dutch oven, heat the olive oil and then brown the chicken thighs well on all sides.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and then add the onions and peppers to the pan and cook on medium heat until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the pan along with the wine.
- Increase the heat, and cook until the wine has reduced by at least half.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, chili flakes, capers, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover the pan and bake for 2 hours, removing the cover during the last 30 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Serve hot.