Roast Leg of Pork with Crackling
Serves: 8 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 3 - 4 hours
Tasman pork leg roast (on the bone)
Golden Grange Extra Virgin olive oil
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
425ml premium vegetable or chicken stock
2 tbsp flour
Ensure the leg of pork is at room temperature.
- Heat the oven to 200°C, if not pre-scored, score rind across leg with a sharp knife.
- Lightly brush the surface of the pork rind with oil and rub in salt and pepper
- Put the leg in a large roasting tray and cook for 3 1/4 - 3 3/4 hours without basting to make the crackling really crisp, increase the temperature for the last 15 minutes if necessary.
- Test to check the pork is cooked by piercing the thickest part with a fine skewer: the juices should run clear.
- Transfer the meat to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Make the gravy: remove any excess fat from the juices in the pan. Add the stock and bring to the boil, scraping to dislodge any crusty bits. Reduce the heat.
- Mash the flour and butter together to form a paste and add, a bit at a time, to the gravy. Simmer for 2 - 3 minutes until thickened and season with salt and pepper.