Roasted lamb shepherd's pie
Serves: 4 | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 45 mins
Tasman roast lamb, leftovers
Carrot and parsnip, finely chopped
700g potatoes, peeled, quartered
⅓ cup milk, heated
45g butter, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
400g can crushed tomatoes with mixed herbs
1 ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Green salad to serve
- Place potatoes in a saucepan. Cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to the boil then boil for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes then return pan over low heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the milk and 30g of the butter. Mash until smooth then season.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220°C.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 mins or until softened. Add the tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, lamb, carrot, parsnip and ½ cup water. Bring to the boil.
- Transfer the lamb mixture to a 5cup baking dish. Cover with mashed potatoes and rough up with a fork. Dot with remaining butter and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbling hot.
- Serve with salad. Enjoy!