Roasted whole porterhouse
Serves: 8 | Preparation Time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 1hr
- 1.5kg Farm88 yearling beef whole porterhouse (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with sea salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Gravy and vegetables to serve
- Preheat oven to 220ºC or 200ºC fan. Mix seasonings together and rub over surface of beef with olive oil. Place on a roasting rack in a heavy flameproof baking dish.
- Roast for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 200ºC or 180ºC fan. Cook for another 45 minutes for rare. Cook for an extra 15 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer beef to a warm plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 15-20 minutes in a warm place before carving.
- Serve with vegetables and gravy, if you like.