Rolled roast pork leg with crackling and roasted vegetables
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 2hrs 20mins
1.8-2kg Tasman pork leg roast, (boned & rolled, rind on)
1 cup apple sauce
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ lemon, zested
- Preheat oven to 240°C.
- Pat pork leg roast dry with paper towel and score the rind with a Stanley knife or scalpel finely if it has not already been done.
- Rub the surface of the rind with a little oil and sea salt.
- Place the pork roast into a large baking dish and roast in the preheated oven at 240°C for 40 mins then reduce the temperature to 180°C for 30-35 minutes per kg. Roast until the juices run clear. Allow to stand in a warm place for 20 mins prior to serving.
- Meanwhile, combine the apple sauce, cinnamon, and lemon zest in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat until the mixture boils. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Serve pork roast on a large platter with roasted vegetables, steamed greens and apple sauce to carve at the table.