Rosemary Pork Leg Roast
Serves: 8 | Preparation time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 2 hours
1kg Tasman pork leg roast (on the bone)
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 tbsp dried rosemary, crushed
4 tbsp dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 medium brown onions, quartered
500g fresh baby carrots
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup grated lemon zest
3 bunches fresh oregano, chopped
2 tbsp Golden Grange Extra Virgin olive oil
- Mix minced garlic, rosemary, lemon zest and juice, oregano, salt and pepper, marjoram and the oil in a medium bowl and set aside 1 tablespoon.
- Rub remaining mixture over the roast and place in a shallow roasting pan.
- Place potatoes, carrots, oil and remainder of mixture in a large resealable cooking plastic bag and toss to coat all vegetables.
- Take out vegetables and arrange surrounding the roast. Cover and bake at 165°C for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 1 hour longer.
- Strain juices from roasting pan and pour over meal and vegetables. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.